Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Its my Hair and I do What I Want!

I have decided to do something drastically different with my hair. I have not yet determined the cut I will be getting, but I plan on going a little lighter with the color. Since I have moved to the Garden State, I have been compared to those people that lack pigmentation in their skin, or Albino if you wish. I must say I also dread brushing my hair. It is so long, so curly, and so tangled, that it tends to be a huge pain in the ass to deal with, and I never wear it down. I want a shorter look, but this frightens me at the same time. I have very curly, very thick hair, and the shorter it is, the more of an Afro i have. I need to get some magazines to get some ideas.

Besides this decision, my mom decided to make an appointment at a spa where I may have a consultation with an expert and go from there. First off, my hair is not cheap to do. To give you guys an example, my mom messed my highlights up once and spent nearly $300 just to color it back one color to my natural brown, so if mom is planning an adventure at the spa, my pocketbook will most definitely be damaged from this. It would be nice of her to suggest these places and offer to foot the tab, but for her to offer my hard earned money is a bit overboard. I am not an at home mother with a husband that provides for me.... I pay my own bills, and I have a job that I have to wake up at 5:30 AM every morning to get ready for.

I need some suggestions as far as hairstyles and lengths. Any suggestions would make my decision a bit easier. Out with the old, bring me something new!!

1 comment:

Belle said...

You got my suggestions on the phone. I like the new cut! Do you?