Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Lone Star State Meets The Garden State

I made it to New Jersey on Wednesday, May 9th. I started driving on Monday. I drove 11 hours to Attalla, AL and stayed at the local Days Inn. That was the first night I slept all the way through the night; I guess I was exhausted. The next day I drove 9 hours plus a time zone change, so technically 10 hours in a car. I stopped in Alexandria, VA for the night and stayed with Antibelle, my friend from the "black hole" as she likes to call it. For those unaware of what the "black hole" is, it just so happens to be the town we went to college in. I drove through 10 states. I started in Texas, then Louisiana, then Mississippi, to Alabama, Georgia, to Tennessee, then through Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey. 26 hours total driving and near 1700 miles later, I finally reached my destination. I was tired of driving and by the end of the trip my ass hurt so bad I thought some of the cushion had worn itself a bit thin. It is still there, so this must not have been the case. "I currently live in New Jersey", that sentence sounds weird to me for some reason. It is such a big difference from what I have ever known, but I know I will adjust. The weather has been great. It was a bit chilly last night, but for the most part it has been great weather for me to come into and get used to it before it changes drastically. Only 3 weeks ago it was 37 degrees.......

1 comment:

CawfeeGuy said...

jumping JLo on a pogo stick, that is amazing! welcome to Yankee-land.