Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday: In God we Trust

I work in an Italian company, where most people are predominately Catholic, myself included, but we do not have Good Friday off like most companies. When I asked if we had Friday off, the technicians started laughing. I was told by the Italian-Venezuelan that our company is only religious when it comes to the dollar bill. The dollar bill states "In God We Trust", but for this company, "When there is money, we work." I was also told by the techs that the owner once made people come in on Christmas and New Years one year because someone had asked if they were getting off early on Christmas Eve. Apparently if upset him for someone to ask "such a ridiculous question." Not only are we working today, but tomorrow as well. Saturdays is the slowest of all days and there is really no point in being open, but We only get Easter Sunday off because we don't work Sundays and he doesn't have to pay us. I think it is somewhat odd, because the main company located in NJ is off today, all weekend, and Monday. I am not too concerned because I do not anticipate being here much longer. I received an email yesterday with my job offer in writing. I just need to book the flight!

No comments: